When doing QR code marketing, it’s often required to generate many QR codes with the same pattern simultaneously. You may want to use the same QR code for different locations and track them independently or create hundreds or thousands of QR codes with the same design but different URLs.
If that’s the case, this is where Qyrr’s bulk QR code generation tool comes into play, and in this guide, we’ll show you how to use it.
Create your bulk QR codes
To create your QR codes in bulk, take the following steps:
- Go to Qyrr > All QR Codes from your WordPress dashboard and click the Add New button at the top of the page. You can also edit an existing QR code and use it to generate your bulk ones at this stage.
- Give your QR code a name, and then click on the QR code itself. This will open up some settings on the right.
- Adjust your QR code settings like you would when setting up your first QR code, and then click Bulk Generation to open up the settings there.
- The first thing you’ll see is the Type section. Qyrr comes with two different types of bulk generation. We’ll go through each of them below.
Add data per line
The most common use case is that you want to use your existing QR code design, but you want to create multiple QR codes with different URLs.
If that’s the case, pick Add data per line and add one URL per line in Add source data, like so.
Instead of adding multiple URLs for each QR code, you can also use Unique ID. Once selected, you only have to add the number of QR codes you like to generate.
Qyrr will automatically add a unique parameter to the URL of each QR code when bulk generating them. This will help you track all of them individually. This can be useful if you want to use your QR codes in different locations or campaigns and you want to compare their performance against each other.
- Once you’re happy with your selection, click the blue Generate QR Codes button. There is a progress bar indicating the current progress of the generation, and you get a confirmation once it’s done.
Please don’t close the window while doing the bulk generation. The generation is quite fast, so you should be able to generate thousands of QR Codes in just a couple of seconds.
Here is what a result may look like: